1.7
Additional Fees

My mother in law Purita Goce and my husband went to Parkway Plaza in Milwaukee location at 9am yesterday January 2. Male staff said he cant process or cant draw blood on my mother law for some reasons because he first need to talk to my mother in law's doctor.

My husband told me the problem over the phone. My husband told the staff that my wife was a nurse and stating she wanted to know the reason why blood test is not being done. I am well concerned because my mother in law had to do fasting for the blood test and it is not good to postpone it again on another day aside from the way that she has to be brought in again for another visit, and her who cant hardly walked aside due to bad arthritis from being elderly- 75 y/o. I spoke to him over the phone and asked him the reason why he cant do it.

He said he cant make up what is the order written or what is the blood test order and he has to call the doctor or the nurse in charge to verify the order. I told him, I am a nurse and I know what is written in there coz I already read that order before they went. I told him my husband can send me the picture and I will tell what is the order. He said no, it has to be the doctor or the nurse, not you can tell me.

I said today is Wednesday, of course there is no clinic on Wed. Can you just tell your manager right now to review the order I told him. He insisted it has to be the doctor who they need to talk to. I find it in this situation that he is not making the effort to solve the problem, doesn't he understand that the patient didn't eat for more than 12 hrs in order to get the blood test, now you think it is easy to postpone?

Being a nurse, this phlebotomist- George, didn't think what is good for the patient. The orders are easy to read that any person can read or figure it out what it is. George being the staff in charge, is so unprofessional and rude and I find him not giving good customer or patient care service. From that Milwaukee location, my husband then drove my mother in law to another Quest location in Peterson to see if they will take her.

Per my husband, they took her immediately without any questions. Blood was drawn without any questions. They never say that they cant read the order or there is a problem. So, on the same day, my mother in law got her blood drawn and don't need to fast again or re schedule again for another day.

We are all pissed and not satisfied to service provided by staff named George in Milwaukee location, because this situation should have been avoided if only he listened to my suggestion, the orders were so simple and clear, CMP, Lipid, CBC, TSH, Vitamin D Level.

Kindly please listen to our complain and take this seriously.

I don't want to repeat this situation again to anyone. Thank you and happy new year!

Product or Service Mentioned: Quest Diagnostics Customer Care.

Preferred solution: review your staff character .

I didn't like: Disrespected by employee, Indifference, Customer service, Anything from these rude people.

Comments

Your complaint is absurd. Why on Earth would you demand service from someone who is A) restricted for some internal reason (B) probably not as good with geriatrics as other more experienced employees (C) you MUST have a valid, legible, specific order from the attending physician ; your interpretation as a nurse is unacceptable.

You are not assigned to the case and while you have an obligation to oversee, you cannot interfere with internal established procedures. You should know that better than anyone.