53 views

I had an appointment for lab work. As I sat in the wait room I witnessed a lab technician talking rudely to other customers.

When it was my turn, I was approached by the same techncian. I attempted to place my tote bag on a hook in the room and I was rudely told that I could not use the hook because I would contaminate it and that I needed to hold my tote bag and keep it with me. Next, the technician asked me for my insurance card. When I went to give it to her she replied that she does not touch insurance cards so I needed to read the numbers off of the card for her.

I did not have my reading glasses and that was not possible. She insisted that she needed the numbers read. Next, she asked me to sign papers and I needed to use my own pen. She then approached me to take by blood work and insisted that I turn my head to the right because she needed to protect herself.

I noted that we were both wearing masks and she was also wearing an eye guard as protection. At that point I stated that she was being rude. She stated no, this is a new world and that she has the right to ask because she has to protect herself. She said that she asks every customer to turn their heads.

She went ahead and took my blood very aggressively leaving my arm painful. I told her that I wanted her name so that I can make a formal complaint and at first she refused to give me her name and when I stated that I wasn't leaving without a name she said my name is Maria.

Preferred solution: training for employees better customer service.

Quest Diagnostics Pros: Close to my house.

Quest Diagnostics Cons: Cold rude, No one avaialble to talk, Difficult to communicate with.

Location: 3733 Richmond Ave, New York, NY 10312