51 views
Verified Reviewer

I had lab work performed 5/27/2020 by Quest and my insurance promptly paid their portion 6/3/2020. Quest received a double payment from me on July 13, 2020 (YES _ Quest owes me money) yet they sent me a pre-collections notice for several hundred dollars which is incorrect.

I have emailed w/no response back. I have called several times over several days and spent several hours on hold after punching in all the prompts and billing information the automated system asks for but can never reach a live person. Most times their phone system will just drop the call after being on there for several minutes. Sometimes I get sent to a survey line when I still have not spoken to a representative so its pointless to survey an unhappy customer and even calling the lab locations themselves trying to get better numbers or another way to reach someone or for them to have someone call me has been fruitless.

They do not have options online or by phone for when THEY OWE YOU MONEY. I should charge interest on the money they owe me since July like the credit card companies do!!!!

User's recommendation: Make sure you check the Explanation of Benefits from your insurance company BEFORE you pay them ANYTHING and if you don't think your insurance company paid according to your benefits; file an appeal with them as well. Its easier to pay the right amount if you check first. Otherwise, you will be stuck like me and just mad w/o a way to resolve the matter quickly or appropriately.

Quest Diagnostics Pros: Many location, Lab draw tech was skilled.

Quest Diagnostics Cons: Billing mistakes, Wait time, No help to solve my problem.

Comments